RE: [epp-dev] update of package status - please test

> Sounds ok by me, actually I am not sure we need any feature patch since
> an alternative RC5 is released, people who update their software will be
> able to get the latest RC5. Or can't they?

I honestly don't now, but not sure how p2 treats a qualifier only change.
If it would see that as a "new version" to install "automatically". If it
was on your update site, they could for sure explicitly select it
and install it. Maybe its just what I'm used to, but I'd recommend a patch
feature, or else it's not exact a "simultaneous release". I'd think it'd
be confusing to have a different Galileo-ish build that's different from
the
Galileo build. And, then there might be trouble when/if people want to
update
to to Galileo SR1. But, again, I am not sure. Just things for you to
consider.

> Can you tell me what are the complications in re-generating the whole
> process and use it only for the php package? others can stay with build
> 20090619-0630.

EPP uses the code that's in /releases/staging and there's really no
process
in place to replace or update only part of /releases/staging ... after
all,
it's simultaneous :) One complication ... even if we could re-generate
/staging,
is that others have already broken the build ... I guess renaming sites,
or something.
So, it's complicated, error prone, to re-do.

[And, in case, it's not clear, my request for a possible respin didn't
involve
changes in code, nothing in /staging, just some property files for the
package
specific bundles].

Hope that helps.

Back to the top