Re: [epp-dev] Information for EPP Package Maintainers to Build Galileo Packages

sign me up!

From:
"Ian Skerrett" <ian.skerrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
"'Eclipse Packaging Project'" <epp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
04/30/2009 10:24 AM
Subject:
[epp-dev] Information for EPP Package Maintainers to Build Galileo
Packages
Sent by:
epp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Project Maintainers,

We are getting ready to build the EPP packages that will be displayed on
the eclipse.org download page.   Once again this year, we will to rely
upon the package maintainers to define and test the packages.  Below are
some steps that we want each package maintainer to do for their Galileo
package.   Our short term goal is to make the M7 packages available on a
download site by May 11.

1. All package maintainers need to reconfirm that they want their package
to be created for Galileo and they will be responsible for the testing.
Please respond to this mailing list to confirm your interest in having
your package built for Galileo.  The following are the current package
maintainers:
Java EE  - David Williams
Java IDE ? Mik Kersten
C/C++ IDE ? Doug Schaefer
Modeling ? Richard Gronback  (although I think Peter Friese is going to
help with this one)
RCP -  Markus Knauer
Reporting - Xiaoying Gu

New Packages:
·         Pulsar ? Diego Sandin
·         PHP ? Roy Ganor

2. We are using p2 to build the Galileo EPP packages.   Therefore, we have
converted the existing package configuration file into a .product file and
a .package configuration file.   These files have been added to the EPP
cvs branch (dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/technology -
org.eclipse.epp/packages/).   Each package maintainer should review their
respective .product file and .package configuration file.  Any changes
should be submitted via a patch in bugzilla.

3. Each package can be configured by a feature that defines the content
and dependencies of the package, and by a branding plug-in where a package
can define its own default perspective in the plugin_customization.ini
among other things. The plugin contains also the old EPP configuration
file ('eclipse_XYZ_350.xml) that is used for the meta-data that creates
the webpages. There are initial features and plugins for every existing
package in the EPP CVS (see above); changes should be submitted by the
package maintainers via a patch in Bugzilla.

4. We plan to start building the packages on a regular basis starting next
week.   Markus will be sending out notices to the EPP mailing list once a
build is complete.  Package maintainers are requested to download their
package and complete the testing.  Once the testing is complete please
send an e-mail to the EPP mailing list indicating if it is ready to be
posted on the download page.

 Ian

Ian Skerrett
Director of Marketing