[epp-dev] news, Ganymede RC1, CC, etc.

Hi *,

here a short update:

* The Ganymede RC1 packages have been released and are now available from the
new packaging site: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/.

* The configuration files need to be updated to the new Eclipse 3.4RC2
version; either you do that for yourself, or I will send you a patch by
tomorrow.

* I have to attend a local (mini-)conference tomorrow; therefore I am unable
to organise a conference call. If there is anything to discuss, please send
it to the mailing list.

* From now on, we have every week (every Tuesday) a Ganymede release candidate
and in the future we have to make sure that next weeks EPP packages are ready
on the Friday before the release, because Friday is the +0 date of the
Eclipse Platform and if they are releasing their bits to the Ganymede Staging
update site, it will be impossible to rebuild the old packages again.
Hmm, I'll try to explain it in other words:

 Friday     EPP RC(n)               +0 RC(n+1)
 Monday     Server Freeze           +1 RC(n+1)
 Tuesday    Public Access RC(n)

Do you see the same problem as I see? What happens if Eclipse Platform release
their RC(n+1) bits, and EPP tries to build RC(n) from the very same update
site? That's why I think it is really important to have the packages ready on
Friday. (And IMHO this is a problem in our Ganymede release schedule: In the
end you can never predict what is on the update sites.)

Thanks and regards,
Markus

Back to the top