[epp-dev] EPP planning until Ganymede release

Hi *,

I am trying to find out WHAT needs to be planned and WHEN these tasks must be
finished. This should be the basis for our discussion on the conference call
today.

This is a list with tasks and my proposed dates. Based on your experience: Did
we miss something?

* Version number of this release? 1.0.0?
* EPP Release Review (EPP package build and EPP UDC)
  => May 28
* Feature freeze
  * EPP package build
    => May 09 (if possible)
  * EPP UDC
    => Feb (that's in the past!)
* new packages announced by new maintainers on bugzilla
  => Ganymede M5 OR after EclipseCon
* new packages available, i.e. config file exists and build is successful
  => Ganymede M6
* feature freeze for new packages (i.e. the final content must be
  => Ganymede M7
* GO for the individual packages from the package maintainers
  => Test as often as possible, GO expected between EPP and server freeze.
  => Do we need to specify the testing?

In the context with the current release planning, it looks like this:

 Feb 22     Ganymede M5 (EPP)
 Feb 22     EclipseCon Memory Sticks (EPP)
 Feb 22   ? EPP new packages must be announced on bugzilla
 Feb 27     Europa Winter (EPP)
 Feb 29     Europa Winter (Public Access)

 Mar 17     EclipseCon
 Mar 20     EclipseCon
 Mar 21   ? EPP new packages must be announced on bugzilla

 Apr 11     Ganymede M6 API Freeze (EPP)
 Apr 11   ? EPP new packages available

 May 09     Ganymede M7 (EPP)
 May 09   ? EPP package content feature freeze
 May 09   ? EPP package build feature freeze
 May 23     Ganymede RC1 (EPP)
 May 30     Ganymede RC2 (EPP)
 May 28   ? EPP release review

 Jun 06     Ganymede RC3 (EPP)
 Jun 13     Ganymede RC4 (EPP)
 Jun 23     Ganymede Final (EPP)
 Jun 25     Ganymede Final (Public Access)

Markus

Back to the top