Re: [epp-dev] package builds with Eclipse 3.4M4 and the Ganymede staging update site

On Friday 21 December 2007 03:25, David M Williams wrote:
> The current EPP builds show a failure in JEE stuff, and says (only)
>
> Unable to find plug-in:
> org.eclipse.wst.common.emfworkbench.integration_1.1.104.v200711080100

Yes, that's the only (!) message that is generated by the PDE packager which
is used by the EPP build. The message itself does not help, because the
plug-in itself is available, but there are some dependencies wrong /
missing / not fulfilled and this results in this error message. I've tracked
down the error and the result is bug 213111 that you solved already: Thanks a
lot!

> I've fixed bug 213111 for ganymede builds (I think) ... can you describe a
> little more of how  EPP builds are done so I can investigate,
> or, even, decide if I should investigate?  :)

Thanks to the fixes in the Platform features, the Ganymede build turned green
last night, the update site content has been updated with your changes in WTP
(and a lot of other changes), and everything seems to work for now!

> Does EPP take it's input from ganymede staging update site?

Yes, EPP uses the Ganymede Staging Update Site, and due to some other errors
in the Ganymede build, the content on that site didn't change during the last
week.

Markus

> From:
> Markus Knauer <mknauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To:
> epp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Date:
> 12/17/2007 04:28 PM
> Subject:
> [epp-dev] package builds with Eclipse 3.4M4 and the Ganymede    staging
> update site
>

> Hi *,
>
> there are some other news today:
>
> * I've moved the build process from my notebook to the build.eclipse.org
> machine.
> * Currently the build process is started every night by cron, produces
> some
> packages, logfiles, and html snippets
> * Makes the results available on the EPP download page
> http://www.eclipse.org/epp/download.php
>
> And with some modifications (well, I have to remove all XML Editor
> components
> from the packages (bug 213111)) I am able to build most of the packages
> based
> on Eclipse Platform 3.4M4.
>
> Markus

Markus Knauer
INNOOPRACT Informationssysteme GmbH
###   phone: +49 721 664 733 0
###     fax: +49 721 664 733 29
###     web: www.innoopract.com

According to Section 80 of the German Corporation Act
Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH must indicate the following information:
Address: Stephanienstrasse 20, 76133 Karlsruhe Germany
General Manager: Jochen Krause, Eric von der Heyden
Registered Office: Karlsruhe, Commercial Register Karlsruhe HRB 7883