[epp-dev] status update?

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of building the initial 4 packages. While they
are not yet ready, I am quite positive that they will be ready tomorrow. I've
learned a lot about building packages against a moving target (Europa and the
different project update sites). Now I think this week was not ideal for such
work, because most projects come up with their builds against Eclipse 3.3M7
during this week. But let me summarise my problems:

* Visual Editor (requested for several packages) is not ready for Eclipse 3.3.
But I have heard that they will provide something in the next weeks. With the
old versions I had no success: Too many dependencies that couldn't be fixed.

* We base our packages on features and update sites (or more precise on
site.xml's). This leads to the fact that I cannot 'put the XML editor' into a
package -- instead I have to put large parts of webtools into it. Maybe we
can fix this in the next weeks, but I haven't contacted the other teams yet.

* The installer is the open question:

  * There are some open IP issues that MUST be solved soon. Please fill out
    the missing contribution questionnaires or send me an update if you
    already have done so. I cannot do that, because I do not have the sources
    or the knowledge about the licenses that you were using, but I can help
    you by filling out the Contribution Questionnaires.

  * I hoped to see activity in CVS in the last weeks, but there was no
    change (same in bugzilla and the many open installer issues). The code
    was refactored to the new namespace, but I assume that the installer part
    is still not building. What's the status on that or did I miss something?

This week's packages will be build upon the old installer code with few
changes, but that's not what I wanted to see.

What can we do to fix the installer issues, or what do we need to change in
the future? There is not so much time left until the Europa release.

Regards
Markus

Back to the top