Re: [epp-dev] project plan

Hi Ian,

in the project proposal we had defined the following milestones:

 2007-02 0.5M1: initial definition of entry level downloads
 2007-03 0.5M2: Basic implementation of EPP platform
 2007-05 0.5M3: Feature complete for Europa release
 2007-06 0.5: Beta availability for all Eclipse projects

But let me comment on that plan:

- M1 was from my point of view not a real milestone; the definition of entry
level downloads (especially the content) is an ongoing process and still
needs refinements.

- M2: We delivered only one demo package based on 3.3M6 to gain some feedback
from the community. In this case you are completely right: That was not
enough, but it is caused by the lack of time and, what is more important, we
are still waiting for the IP approval (see IPZilla #1395). Ian, maybe we can
come back to your offer to speed things up in that area?

In the end I am still confident that we will see the next packages soon. But
we should consider to mention real dates and better description of the
content of the milestone releases!

Markus

On Wednesday 11 April 2007 20:32, Ian Skerrett wrote:
> Is there any update on the Packaging Project project plan.   I saw that a
> first milestone was put out for the Java IDE, I put some feedback on the
> newsgroup but I have nto seen any follow-up?  I would be interested in
> seeing if there is a plan to have milestone and RC leading up to Europa at
> the end of June.
>

> Ian
>

> Ian Skerrett
>
> Director of Marketing