Attendees: Carson Holmes,
Bob Palank, Gunter Seidl, Colin Oneil, Bruce MacIsaac, Ricardo Balduino,
Chris Sibbald, John Allan
1- Latest discussion on OMG, SPEM,
SEMAT, and EPF
- RFP is ignoring SPEM - no need to
have different efforts going on under OMG
- EPF submitted a response; IBM also
positioned how it is building its method offering on top of EPF
- We invite others that participate
in OMG to submit their opinion (need to be a member to post or post anonymously,
but you may not be able to read responses); Bruce can post it for you if
you want to send in your comments
- Carson sent Bruce more info about
SEMAT - there is more in the works besides this proposal to OMG; the SEMAT
material has much more substance than the submission to OMG (3 year vision)
- 10 or so universals are being considered in the proposal
- Question: what is SEMAT offering that
is not in the SWEBOK? Needs to be investigated when new SWEBOK is
2- EPF Release in June
- Release Plan is available at 
- The current list of bugs (for content
work) is available at 
- We encourage you to look at the open
issues and contribute with your comments, or if you feel like assigning
yourself to solve the issue, please do so.
- This next release will be a bug fix
only type, so no formal review with Eclipse is expected. We will post release
notes and make content/tool bits available for download around June 30.
3- OpenUP with Scrum management practices
provided by Colin Oneil (first draft)
- Needs some refining - Bruce posted
- Assuming this next release is bug
fix only, we may need to work with Eclipse (legal review); Bruce and Ricardo
to discuss the options, maybe make content available only in Bugzilla at
this time and prepare to officially release it next time.
4- Webinars - potential topics:
- Colin's work on Scrum practices
- IBM courses around RMC - Bruce could
offer a short training course on EPF practices authoring
- Bruce/Ricardo could show some of what
IBM is doing on the Jazz environment - importing libraries from RMC into
Jazz for consumption / enactment
- Bob Palank contacted SWEBOK people
- new release will be out this year - maybe they could give us a preview?
Bob to contact them again.
- There was indication from others on
the call that Colin's presentation on his work with Scrum practices would
be helpful to others also building content in EPF; Colin agreed to present
- pushing webinar to Jun 16 due to some participants being attending conference
on second week of June.
5- Other topics:
- Would SWEBOK group be interested in
putting their content into EPF format? That could give companies a chance
to customize the content for their needs, etc. Chris and Bob will look
around to gauge that group's interest.