Re: [epf-dev] XP process

I may not quite be following your question, but you can have  both activities and task uses at the same level.
(I haven't checked the SPEM 2.0 spec - it could be that EPF is more flexible than the spec).
This means that you can group some tasks into an activity, while leaving others as tasks as the same level.

Hope that helps.

Bruce MacIsaac
Manager – RMC Content
bmacisaa@xxxxxxxxxx
phone: (408)250-3037 (cell)

Saulius Grigaitis <saulius.grigaitis@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: revolt revolt <revo17@xxxxxxxxx>

05/30/2009 01:39 PM

Bruce Macisaac/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS
cc
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
Re: [epf-dev] XP process

Hi Bruce,

thank you for your response. Yes, I agree that this part should be
spitted to smaller tasks.

And I have general question regarding to SPEM 2.0 Activity. If I
understand SPEM 2.0 specification correctly, Delivery Process must
contain Activities, and Activities contains Tasks Uses, other Activities
etc. But in some examples I saw only Tasks Uses at top level in
diagrams, while in some examples there were only activities used at top
level. The problem with this XP process is that there is no easy way to
combine some related Task Uses to Activity that those Activities really
would make sense, because XP is very lightweight process, it has very
low amount of Task and Tasks Uses are related with each other a lot. So
then most Activities should contain only one Task Use. Or there should
be single or two/three general Activities in Delivery Process. EPF
Composer allows to build delivery process containing only Task Uses (not
nested under Activities), so I'm a bit confused what actually defines
SPEM 2.0.

Thanks,
Saulius