Re: [epf-dev] Quite confused on how to start a new proccess

Hi Fernando,

I suggest you visit the developer resources section of the EPF website located at:

http://www.eclipse.org/epf/general/developers_documentation.php

In the Content section you will find a "Plug-in Development Guide for EPF Composer" and a "Text Style Guide for EPF Composer".  Both of these will help you started in developing your own content.

Also in the Developer's corner, there is a link to EPF in CVS, a repository for all project related artifacts.  There is library on EPF Method Authoring.  It is located here:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.epf/libraries/EPF_Method_Authoring/?root=Technology_Project

We are looking forward to some additional method authoring guidance to support the practice libraries initiative.  There was a great presentation last week that introduced the EPF community to some insight that was used to refactor OpenUp into the eleven practice libraries.  This insight included method authoring content for:

  o  Setting up an environment for method authoring
  o  Sketching content
  o  Defining  and structuring plug-ins
  o  Defining and categorizing method elements
  o  Defining variability, configurations, processes and views
  o  Detailing methods
  o  General guidance

Once the practice library authoring methods become available, there will be a broader understanding of how to develop and contribute better and re-usable process frameworks.  In the mean time, I recommend you check out the tools outlined above.

regards,

David