Re: [epf-dev] Interested on collaborating in translating the OpenUP Library

Carlos,

Thanks for your interest in OpenUP.
We have been using the EPF Wiki to allow interested people translate OpenUP to various languages. You can translate the pages directly in the Wiki.
There is currently an effort to translate OpenUP/Basic to Spanish. The wiki for Spanish translation is found here: http://www.epfwiki.net/wikis/openupsp/

As far as I know, there are people from Spain working on the translation, so I'd suggest you to hook up with them and work together.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

Cheers,

Ricardo Balduino
Senior Software Engineer

IBM Rational Software (www.ibm.com/rational)
Eclipse Process Framework (www.eclipse.org/epf)

"Carlos Gerardo Hernandez Castrejon" <hercax@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/15/2007 10:03 AM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[epf-dev] Interested on collaborating in translating the OpenUP        Library

HI, I'm Carlos Hernández from Puerto Vallarta, México, I have a startup software company, We had been looking for ways to improve our processes and recently I found the OpenUP and the EPF initiatives, we are learning about OpenUP and how to extend it to our particular needs, but in our way to learning it we are interested in translating it to our native language (Spanish - Latin American) so I'm asking for guidance about how could the process be to do such translation and where can we start?

Cheers from México!