Re: [epf-dev] OpenUP & Scrum

Ronaldo,

I don't see any conflicts between the management practices suggested by Scrum and OpenUP.
The major building blocks of Scrum are reflected in OpenUP with different names (i.e., Work Items List for Product Backlog, Iteration for Sprint, Daily Meetings for Daily Scrums, etc).

The concept of potentially shippable product functionality is inherent in OpenUP (and for that matters in other UP processes). The objective in every iteration is to demonstrate incremental value to stakeholders, and this is functionality that has been integrated and tested - in other words a stable build that could potentially be released. That matches with Scrum, in my opinion.

Cheers,

Ricardo Balduino
Senior Software Engineer

IBM Rational Software (www.ibm.com/rational)
Eclipse Process Framework (www.eclipse.org/epf)

"Ronaldo r" <ronaldorezende@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/22/2007 11:01 AM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[epf-dev] OpenUP & Scrum

Is there any conflits in the pratices sugested by OpenUP and the Scrum pratices? I haven't seen OpenUP recomending the concept of funcionality potentially shippable. Is there some special reason to this?_______________________________________________
epf-dev mailing list
epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx