Re: [epf-dev] Lifecycle diagram revision

I agree ... we should have one for "what's it all about?" somewhere in the core principles...without some nice graphics nobody will ever read that pages :-)

I will try to think about some simpler sketches for the lifecycle ...using your comments on the work products

thanks for the feedback Bryan

Ana

Brian Lyons wrote:

hiho,

I think the first one is a great picture and we should find a place for
it.  On the other hand the "lifecycle diagram" (that started this
thread) is the picture above the WBS that is labeled Workflow on the
Lifecycle page.  I think this diverges too much from the focus of "what
is the lifecycle?" and instead covers "what's it all about?"  Especially
the ones without the phases.

I like the picture though.  A lot.  Perhaps this is a missing graphic at
the top of the Core Principles page.

Did we add Daily Meetings as a definitive, default characteristic of
applying OpenUP/Basic?

Back to the lifecycle diagram, I think it can have iterations added
somehow. Perhaps just in a more aesthetically pleasing version of what
Steve scrawled or perhaps someone has a more innovative representation.

Though the Lifecycle page does not call it out, WBS elements are
understood to have Work Product Usage in addition to the task-centric
perspective.  I'd love for us to get the focus on the ever growing
product in there (as suggested by Scott).  Of course we don't have a
Work Product called Product, just the Build.  Maybe something like Ana's
ever-growing blocks could fit into the Lifecycle Diagram.

BTW, do we need a side discussion on the Entry State and Exit State and
Deliverable columns on the Work Product Usage?  That sounds like
something that could add a little more clarity to the process.

                                      ------- b