RE: [epf-dev] How to access the OpenUP Wiki

I added 1. and 2. in the list below, and I consolidated and edited the previous five into 3, with some supporting bullets.
  1. Rapidly gather useful feedback by writing comments associated around content (lock content from editing)
  2. Build communities around key content areas (lock editing to be centered around dedicated topics)
  3. Rapidly gather useful feedback by directly editing process content
  4. Create process content without learning the metamodel or Composer
  • Faster turnaround from idea to documented process
  • Enables a team to e.g. make a defined process, such as CMMI, more concrete by adding relevant guidance
  • Capture process related experience through harvesting
    • Continuous process improvement

    Cheers

    Per Kroll
    STSM, Manager Methods: RUP / RMC
    Project Lead: Eclipse Process Framework
    Rational Software, IBM Corp
    408-342-3815

    Jim Ruehlin/Irvine/IBM@IBMUS
    Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

    08/08/2006 06:16 AM

    Please respond to
    Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

    epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
    cc
    Subject
    RE: [epf-dev] How to access the OpenUP Wiki

    You’ve provided some very interesting insights, Onno. Based on what you wrote, here’s a potential list that we could present to introduce the benefits of using the Wiki tool with OpenUP:

    1.        Increase process performance with timely and specific guidance.
    2.        Improve process customization by easily documenting the actual process on top of the defined process.
    3.        Capture process related experience through pattern harvesting and process-related experiences.
    4.        Rapidly gather useful feedback by directly editing process content. (is this part of 1  & 2?)
    5.        Improve process content without learning the metamodel or Composer (is this part of 1 & 2?)

    It seems like this list (or one like it) would be useful to people who were evaluating whether to use OpenUP with the Wiki. Comments?

    Regarding #2 above, is Onno’s distinction between actual vs defined process one that we should elaborate on in OpenUP process guidance? Perhaps in some guidance about how to use OpenUP?

    - Jim

    Jim Ruehlin, IBM Rational
    RUP Content Developer
    Eclipse Process Framework (EPF) Committer
    email:   jruehlin@xxxxxxxxxx
    phone:  760.505.3232
    fax:      949.369.0720