RE: [epf-dev] Validating Method Content

Hi Chris,

Verification is problematic for us. In my example I’m taking for granted that Verified is equivalent to a unit test. The content correctly describes what it should. This should be tempered with the notion that the content shouldn’t just be pie-in-the-sky ideas, but things that have been found to work in the real world. One informal review and a formal review with 2 others seems like it would be sufficient, but others may think differently. Perhaps there’s just some controversial content that needs a wider review before it’s verified. Either way, I think review boards are a good idea. It would be more efficient than trying to find some reviewers every time you write content.

We also need the equivalent of an integration test. I think this would be the broader review you mentioned. The content/structure needs to be checked for consistency, e.g. content in different method elements don’t contradict each other. But I think this is outside the context of fixing a single Bugzilla entry.

Perhaps “closed” should reflect that the content has been added to the main branch of CVS. This may be equivalent to Verified at the moment. But if we change our CM structure in the future to have an integration workstream, it might be handy to use Closed for that. Just an idea.

- Jim

Jim Ruehlin, IBM Rational

RUP Content Developer

Eclipse Process Framework (EPF) Committer

email:   jruehlin@xxxxxxxxxx

phone:  760.505.3232

fax:      949.369.0720