Re: [epf-dev] Conference Call for OpenUP/Basic package owners tomorrow

To help visualizing what is planned for Milestone 4, you can run this report:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?action="">

It shows there are 83 bugs opened for Milestone 4.
26 are assigned, 57 are not.

I hope this helps people to volunteer for those not assigned.

Cheers,

Ricardo Balduino
Senior Software Engineer

IBM | RUP Team | EPF Committer
Phone: 1 (408) 863-5019 (TL: 560-5019)

www.ibm.com
www.eclipse.org/epf

Per Kroll/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/13/2006 07:30 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
"Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List" <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [epf-dev] Conference Call for OpenUP/Basic package owners tomorrow

Hi,

I suggest that each Package / Disicpline owner reports on

a) How many work items are left?

b) How many new work items were created last week?

c) Which work items were fixed last week?

d) Which work items do you plan to fix next week?

e) How many unassigned work items

f) Issues preventing progress?

Call-in:

Toll-free dial-in: 1-877-421-0003

Toll dial-in:      1-770-615-1374

<For IBMers> Tie-line dial-in:  421-0003

Participant passcode: 667201

Thanks

Per Kroll
STSM, Manager Methods: RUP / RMC
Project Lead: Eclipse Process Framework
Rational Software, IBM Corp
408-342-3815

"Brian Lyons" <blyons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/13/2006 02:37 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List" <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[epf-dev] Conference Call for OpenUP/Basic package owners tomorrow

hiho,

Sorry for the last-minute notice.  I would like to have a conference call at 8am pacific time tomorrow (6/14/2006) for the OpenUP/Basic package owners to touch base as a status update on open items to be done as part of our 1.0 release.

This is not meant to be a problem-solving call or anything.  It will just be a chance for each package owner to note how many process elements were done in the last week, how many are left to be done overall, how many are expected to be done in the next week, plus identify any problems.

The idea is to have the call tomorrow, then on Tuesday the 20th next week (to align well with the European Face to Face meeting), then get in the habit of having them on each Wednesday until release 1.0.  If a package-owner can’t make it onto the call, he should get the “how many elements left to do” data sent out to epf-dev before the meeting so we have a complete view across the OpenUP/Basic content.  There has been some verbal discussion of this amongst various key parties but based on the late notice, we’ll consider this a dry run just to get the ball rolling.  It is certainly understandable if someone doesn’t make it on this first call.

For the sake of transparency anyone can call in to observe, but it is expected that just the committers responsible for the packages will participate.  Though this first call might be a bit sloppy, we are hoping to get these down to no more than 30 minutes of status.  The resulting data will be sent out to the epf-dev list after the meeting.

Per Kroll is going to send out a subsequent message with the conference call number.  He might also have a tweak to what data I have suggested be relayed in the call.