[epf-dev] Re: Architectural mechanisms - a bit confusing as itstands ?

From the last remarks (from Peter Eeles and Ana Pereira) on defining the terms and SOA, I thought back on the term "architectural service"...
While I initially thought it was a good term, I'm no longer sure.

Disadvantages:
*) it implies a functional view of the system, but there are other views as well (like operational view,...)
*) it has this SOA connotation

Why not use a slightly more general term like "architectural element"?
As mentioned earlier, Mark Denne uses this term in his book "Software by Numbers".
It simply means a piece of architecture.

Still, we would have to define architecture ;-(

   Christoph

Back to the top