Re: [emft-dev] [EEF] About enhancing end user experience

Perhaps I could suggest a couple of more non-official ideas that might fit in with getting familiar with framework. (I'm not an EEF committer so I'd focus on Goulwen's suggestions).

• Some documentation for new users would be a really nice addition to drive adoption.
• API changes that would allow the EEF classes to be more easily used/extended in non-generated environments. For example, I just discovered that EEF has very nice support for EMF notification and it would be nice to be able to use that in custom widgets.
• Perhaps make it easier to integrate with existing EMF editors. I know there are only a couple of steps, but I think that is a barrier for people.
• Make is easier to integrate ItemProviders and existing plugin.properties into EEF and/or use them more directly. Currently I think you have to maintain these in parallel.

But overall I think in line with what Goulwen is saying the more modular and reusable the components that are generated are the better, so that people can mix and match and have support for data-binding, notifications, etc..