Re: [emf-dev] Maintenance Release Target Milestones

I'm down with the Ganymede x.y.1 idea, but I prefer Ganymede SR1 and SR2 to x.y.1 and x.y.2, since it better aligns with the train. True too, the SR2 build may include x.y.3, not .2, if an interim extra build was done (eg., GMF).

That said I'll wait for Ed to weigh in when he gets back from his travels abroad.

Nick

Christian W. Damus wrote:
Hi, Eike,

I agree. I would be happiest if Bugzilla had separate "Target Version" and "Target Milestone" fields, but alas, it does not. Of course, in that case, a "Ganymede x.y.2" target would be a target version, and not a milestone, but that would be fine.

I thought that the problem was in the proliferation of version *numbers* in the target milestones, so that we had, for example, 2.4.1/1.2.1/1.0.1 all referring to the same maintenance release of different EMF components, where a single "Ganymede x.y.1" would suffice for the lot.

However, now I am stuck with a bunch of bugs that were targeted for maintenance releases and are now targeted to "Past," and I have no sensible alternative in the current list of milestones. I just want to get back to conveying the same information in my bugs as they did last week.

"Ganymede x.y.1" etc. is not a great solution, but it fits the current database schema and it would actually work.

If anyone has a cleaner solution, please let me know!

Thanks,

Christian