[emf-dev] Maintenance Release Target Milestones

Hi, all,

I have a follow-up problem on the subject of target milestones.

I see that we have SR1 and SR2 milestones, now, which I suppose are meant for the targeting of bugs into the maintenance releases.  However, this raises some questions:

  • how do I indicate which release stream (Europa/Ganymede/Galileo) the maintenance fix is targeted at?  It doesn't make sense to use the flags because they are for planning, and these fixes aren't planned.  (besides, only Galileo has a flag)
  • my components have maintenance releases that line up with the train SR1 and SR2, but also more releases in between.  For example, I had a 1.2.1 release before 1.2.2 which corresponded with SR2.  We could add, say, SR3 and SR4 milestones, but the "SR" terminology suggests a correspondence with the train timetable

Can we, perhaps, add generic milestones as follows, to solve both of these issues?

  • Ganymede x.y.1
  • Ganymede x.y.2
  • Ganymede x.y.3
  • Galileo x.y.1
  • Galileo x.y.2
  • Galileo x.y.3

I'm not sure that the SR1 and SR2 milestones will be useful.  Perhaps they could then be deleted.

What do other EMF committers think of this?

Thanks,

Christian

--
Christian W. Damus
Senior Software Developer, Zeligsoft Inc.

Back to the top