Re: [egit-dev] Commit + Push no longer using "Push to origin" config

On 22.03.22 23:32 , rsbecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Something else, please. Add a [] force check-box, and add an [] all
check-box, as with standard git. By default, push to the configured origin.
I guess you could specify some EGit-specific property that chooses all or
only the config or something else. But the .git/config should behave as
close to standard git as practical. While at it, [] tags might be useful
also. Of course this does not make things pretty or simple.

I don't think adding tons of checkboxes in the git staging view is a good idea.

How about an expanding window/popup where all the options check-boxes live.

There is already a preference to always show a dialog. I don't think "commit&push" in the staging view should push anything else but the currently checked out branch the commit goes on. For more complicated pushes, there are other commands, like "Push to origin" (corresponds to "git push") or "Push branch 'xxx'...", or the general "Push...".

It's a bit like the hiding (X) in those annoying apps that have ads. Click
the expand arrow (or something) and the check-box options show up.

Oh, now I get it (I think...). I'll have to experiment if we can do that in a nice way. Might just need an additional ToolItem with drop-down, which might give an OK enough UI.

The remote push refspec is supposed to change when you switch, based on the
configuration.

I don't get that. If you have two local branches a and b both using the same remote, that remote's push refspec doesn't change when you switch branches.

If there is no refspec, you should consider prompting for it

If the remote has no push refspec, push.default kicks in.

Cheers,

  Thomas

Back to the top