Re: [egit-dev] Working with PR from Github

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 2:30 PM Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

The Gerrit Workflow is very well supported in EGit. Do we also have
support for checking out PR via Eclipse? I currently use the command
line and I did not find a nice way in Eclipse of doing that.

Command line process is described here:
https://help.github.com/en/articles/checking-out-pull-requests-locally

this could be added to egit-github (mylyn github plugin). Since Kevin Sawicki from Github
who started this github integration has left the project this part of EGit is more or less orphaned.

I don't have time to implement better github integration and work most of the time on
projects using Gerrit and not Github. I try to find time to review contributions for egit-github
and always release it when releasing EGit From time to time we get contributions of small
enhancements mostly for the Java github client.

Currently the mylyn github plugins provide the following functionality:
- Java client for github REST API, this is incomplete and maybe partially outdated
- import repository from github ("Import > Repositories from Github") including search integration,
  the search lacks awareness about github organizations
- import github task repository
- edit github tasks (issues)
- create/import gists
Find some documentation here
This documentation is also included in the Eclipse online help pages.

If someone wants to step up and improve the github integration contributions are always welcome.

-Matthias

Back to the top