Re: [egit-dev] Egit smart import

Hi,

On Wednesday, September 19, 2018, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 2:12 PM, arjan tijms <arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

By default the smart import feature from Egit is not available in the released packages of the Eclipse IDE.

To make it available by default, the bundle should be added to the main feature.

Looking at the source, I noticed its still flagged as experimental:
What's still missing, and is there any help needed?

I think what's missing is users trying it and reporting satisfaction, but since it's not installed by default, not many users really tried it.
Are you a user of this feature already?

Yes, on Eclipse 4.8 EE edition, checking out maven project. It Just Works ;)

Might be good to have it installed by default then and await further feedback.

Kind regards,
Arjan

Back to the top