Re: [egit-dev] Regression: Commit message not being updated in GitHistoryView?

Not a regression, but yes, there is a bug somewhere in GitHistoryView. I've seen this occasionally, but I don't have a reproducer. Earliest occurrence I'm aware of is back in September 2015, though the symptoms were slightly different: the CommitMessageViewer is simply empty, or sometimes shows only the SHA1.

What I've also seen occasionally is that the whole history view updates only partially when the selection changes outside of the history view. Symptom: the context line (above the list of commits) updates, but the list of commits in the CommitGraphTable doesn't. Subsequent operations on commits shown in the table are then met with error dialogs about missing commits, since the current repo has been updated, but the commit list still refers to commits from the previous repository. Again, I don't have a reproducer.

AFAIK there are no bugzilla entries for either -- I tried to debug both a couple of times already, but since it's not consistently reproducible, without success so far.

Cheers,

  Thomas