Re: [egit-dev] Missing tree/blob <hash> when trying to push

Hi,

whilst true, that with the dummy repo I sent to Chris, the push works
against Gitblit 1.6.1, this doesn't hold true if I use our internal
repository which I saved the states initially. This still fails even
when I run it against Gitblit 1.6.1, though serving that repo via Gerrit
2.9, the push succeeds.

Btw. in the last few days, I had colleagues who also reported that issue
when pushing to our Gerrit instance. So I guess it might happen there as
well.

In addition, it now happens more frequently. I can only guess that it's
due to colleagues updating to 3.5 (for the client) and that for whatever
reason in EGit 3.4 this happens less frequently.

Anyway, we will upgrade Gitblit to 1.6.1 soon.
I'll also check if I can switch JGit to 3.5.1 in Gerrit without breaking
it (it uses 3.4.0-m7 in 2.9.x and 3.4.0-r in 2.10-rc0).

Last but not least: Huge thanks to all involved, hopefully I'll see you
sometime and buy you a beer or whatever's your favorite beverage :)

Greetings
-Sascha-

Am 23.10.2014 um 18:16 schrieb Christian Halstrick:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 6:04 PM,  <james.moger@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> BTW, I released Gitblit 1.6.1 the other day which includes a bump to
>> JGit 3.5.1.
>
> Great. I found out that the only combination which is not working is a
> old jgit (<3.5.0)  on server side and a new jgit (>=3.5.0) on client
> side. With a new server or an old client the problems don't occur. I
> think the new JGit client is not packing all expected objects during
> push.
>
> Means: switching to the new gitblit is a workaround for Sascha. Of
> course we still have to fix this problem in JGit.
>
> @james: That could even influence the new gitblit. The code which
> causes the problem on client side (not packing enough objects during
> push) is also used on server side (e.g. when I fetch from gitblit). If
> you see people having problems with fetching/cloning with the new
> gitblit it could be the same cause as in this bug. Bugfixing JGit is
> required.
>
> Ciao
>   Chris

Back to the top