Re: [egit-dev] Missing tree/blob <hash> when trying to push

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 6:04 PM,  <james.moger@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> BTW, I released Gitblit 1.6.1 the other day which includes a bump to
> JGit 3.5.1.

Great. I found out that the only combination which is not working is a
old jgit (<3.5.0)  on server side and a new jgit (>=3.5.0) on client
side. With a new server or an old client the problems don't occur. I
think the new JGit client is not packing all expected objects during
push.

Means: switching to the new gitblit is a workaround for Sascha. Of
course we still have to fix this problem in JGit.

@james: That could even influence the new gitblit. The code which
causes the problem on client side (not packing enough objects during
push) is also used on server side (e.g. when I fetch from gitblit). If
you see people having problems with fetching/cloning with the new
gitblit it could be the same cause as in this bug. Bugfixing JGit is
required.

Ciao
  Chris

Back to the top