[egit-dev] Missing tree/blob <hash> when trying to push

I would like to add a reply on this thread, however there hasn't been a message since I subscribed to the list.  I've
copied the title from the archives on the web.

----

We've been experiencing the same problem and I wanted to add a few things that we've noticed.

Firstly, the problem has never happened for me (I run Ubuntu 10.04 on x86_64).  However, it happens to a colleague
(running some version of MacOS) every time he amends a commit that has already been pushed to Gerrit (version 2.8.6.1).
We are both running the same version of EGit -- 3.5.1.  The server has git version 1.7.9.5.  (I don't think it matters,
but my computer has git version 1.9.2, his has 1.9.3).

It behaves as though there is a switch; before the amend he can push without error.  After the amend he can never push.
The only recovery has been to reclone the remote repository, reapply the changes, and then push.  There was a message
earlier in this thread about using an aggressive "git gc" to resolve the error.  He will try this the next time that it
happens.

I used the <hash> from the error message and "git ls-tree" (on the Gerrit server) to confirm that the tree did exist in
the remote repository.

We then tried a test where he zip'ed his entire repository and sent it to me.  I expanded the zip, used "Add an existing
Git local repository to this view", and then pushed to Gerrit.  I had expected this to reproduce the problem on my
machine so I could debug further.  To our surprise, the push succeeded without issue.

Since it happens so "reliably" for him, and never for me; could this be an OS-specific issue?  Is there anything else we
can do to investigate?

-Andrew

Back to the top