Re: [egit-dev] [mylyn-reviews-dev] what does gerrit connector use to list projects?

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 11:21 PM, Matthias Sohn
<matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> could you consider to move down the project/repository discovery part of the
> new Gerrit REST API into JGit so that other JGit based servers can reuse it?
> I think we could find the time to add the corresponding generic connector in
> EGit, we would then also discuss with the Gerrit Connector team if this could
> also replace the specific Gerrit connector instead of adapting that to the
> new REST API.

I think it's a great idea to have repository discovery server and
clients parts in JGit. It would also be good if it could provide hints
for repository configuration. The Gerrit connector adds a config
property so that the Change-Id line is automatically added by EGit,
and it sets HEAD:refs/for/master as default refspec. If the server
provides this information, a generic client could configure the
repository as announced by the server.

Sascha

Back to the top