[egit-dev] staging view and indexing quirks

Hey!

I have made a little change [1] to the staging view. Its still in a "pre-alpha" stage, so don't expect everything to be perfect. i just need some review and input whether i'm on the right track.

the story behind the change is, that in our workspace (approx 600 projects with approx 6 million line of code) the re-indexing of the repo takes ages (speak ~1 minute on a fast machine). thus we want to as far as possible avoid re-indexing. the staging view now has it's own indexing job, which runs independently of the indexDiffCache update jobs (am i wrong here?). i want to get rid of this, so we can (finally) start using the staging view.

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/5299/

regards, and thanks for the input in advance :D
Markus

Back to the top