[egit-dev] GitHub API problem

Hi,

We're making extensive use of the jgit and the egit github API in our product. They are both excellent and easy to work with but on occasion, we do run into tricky situations.

We now have a problem where jgit seems to perform incomplete pulls from GitHub after we had use the RepositoryService.forkRepository(). We concluded that the probable cause for this is that the fork method is asynchronous. It just starts a job at GitHub and returns all meta-data about the new repository before that job completes.

We let jgit clone just after the fork so now we need to insert some code that somehow asserts that the fork is complete. I don't find any method of doing that. Attempting a clone in order to check seems like a non-starter. The clone attempt will actually succeed and yield a repository that isn't completely populated yet.

Any advice on how to assert the completion of the fork operation would be appreciated. Is there some API call that we can use?

TIA,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top