Re: [egit-dev] "Gerrit Configuration" missing during "Clone a Git Repository"

2012/2/9 Andreas Weise <andreas.weise@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi EGit team,

I’m wondering, if the “Gerrit Configuration” [1] during “Clone a Git Repository” Wizard is gone with latest EGit versions. The last step in the wizard is simply not there anymore. It suddenly ends at the step “Local Destination” [2]. We are currently using EGit version 1.3.0.201202030921. Last version I remember, where I’ve used the dialog was some late 1.2 version.

Is it gone with 1.3, or any kind of regression?

Best Regards

Andreas

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/User_Guide#Gerrit_Configuration

[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/User_Guide#Local_Destination

It moved to become a dialog on remote nodes in repositories view.
Click "Gerrit Configuration..." on any remote displayed in repositories
view. We felt this page is disturbing for all EGit users not using
Gerrit. The dialog now also enables users to add more of these
configurations for additional remote branches e.g. for release
branches which so far was only possible using the generic
configuration editor. We should update the user guide to explain
this change.

As EGit now exposes an extension point to more closely
integrate with repository providers like Gerrit, Github, Gitblit their
specific integrations can now expose specific configuration pages.

Mylyn Review's Gerrit connector will do this configuration
automatically as soon as its implementation of the new extension
point in the EGit import/clone wizard is available [1], this is planned
for shortly after EGit has released its 1.3 release with Indigo SR2.

[1] http://review.mylyn.org/#change,115

--
Matthias

Back to the top