[egit-dev] Relative path to HOME directory

Dear list,

I'm pretty new to the Git Universe, but managed to set Git up on my computer. Being a great fan of portable software, I chose the portable version of Git which needs some tweaking with respect to also making the user's home directory portable. However, AFAIU EGit solely relies on a specifically set Windows HOME variable, right? Is it possible to change that to relative path somehow (let's say taking the directory where eclipse.exe resides as a reference point)? I could set up a respective environment variable in Eclipse that EGit could pick up to find HOME. That would really be cool as that way I wouldn't have to "hard-set" HOME to the home directory I only need when using Git (which is on my USB drive)

Thanks for any answers!

Back to the top