[egit-dev] Old style .git directory in the project directory? How?

Hi,

I am fully aware of http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/User_Guide#Eclipse_Workspace_and_Repository_working_directory and that in-project repositories are not favored by the current EGit developers. However, call me crazy, what if I just want it? Isn't there a way how to persuade EGit not to require a separate directory with git repositories in the same way it used to work with previous versions of EGit?

Is there any hope for me? (aside from "Patches welcome!")

Best,

Matěj

In the government of this Commonwealth, the legislative
department shall never exercise the executive and judicial
powers, or either of them: The executive shall never exercise the
legislative and judicial powers, or either of them: The judicial
shall never exercise the legislative and executive powers, or
either of them: to the end it may be a government of laws and not
of men.
    -- John Adams in the Article XXXth of the Constitution of the
       Commonwealth of Massachusetts

Back to the top