[egit-dev] Issue with ProjectSetCapability for EGit team provider

Hello!

I was hoping to get a technical assist/guidance on a problem I've been running into after migrating from CVS to GIT.  Specifically, when importing projects using team APIs, subsequent projects are failing to import.  I believe the main difference in the tooling is that in our usage, we do one project at a time using the ProjectSetCapability.addToWorkspace(...) with one reference at a time.  The first project is successfully imported once the repository is mirrored locally however subsequent projects regardless of restarting Eclipse fail with the following error:

Destination directory <path>/core exists. Don't clone [<project-name>] from ssh://<host>:<port><path-to-repo> to prevent data loss.

I do not see anything in the JavaDoc for ProjectSetCapability that indicates it should not be re-entrant/reusable, so I am looking for guidance as to whether this is a BZ that I should log against EGit or for suggestions in getting further details on this particular error.

I should also indicate that we have multiple projects in a single repository and that once I let the errors occur, I can correctly "Import Projects" manually from the Git Repository view for the repo that was brought down locally.

Thanks in advance!

Tim

Back to the top