Re: [egit-dev] Bringing releng tools fork back to Platform

2011/9/7 John Arthorne <arthorne.eclipse@xxxxxxxxx>
EGit has a fork of the org.eclipse.releng.tools plugin from Platform. The fork was made to add Git support to the releng and copyright tools. This fork made sense at the time because the Platform committers were not using Git, and didn't want an EGit dependency in their releng tools. Now that Platform project has converted to Git, we are starting to use and contribute to this tool. We are thinking that at this point it would make sense to merge the changes back into the org.eclipse.releng.tools plugin rather than maintain two separate forks (one for Git and one for CVS). My impression is that the EGit developers aren't using this tool anyway, and most of the commits over the past six months have been from platform committers. Does this make sense to you guys, or should we continue to have separate copies of the code?

+1, I think it makes sense that you take over ownership and move this
code to the releng.tools project

--
Matthias

Back to the top