Re: [egit-dev] Bringing releng tools fork back to Platform

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 11:12 AM, John Arthorne
<arthorne.eclipse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> EGit has a fork of the org.eclipse.releng.tools plugin from Platform. The
> fork was made to add Git support to the releng and copyright tools. This
> fork made sense at the time because the Platform committers were not using
> Git, and didn't want an EGit dependency in their releng tools. Now that
> Platform project has converted to Git, we are starting to use and contribute
> to this tool. We are thinking that at this point it would make sense to
> merge the changes back into the org.eclipse.releng.tools plugin rather than
> maintain two separate forks (one for Git and one for CVS). My impression is
> that the EGit developers aren't using this tool anyway, and most of the
> commits over the past six months have been from platform committers. Does
> this make sense to you guys, or should we continue to have separate copies
> of the code?

I'm all for people taking ownership. Let us know how you would proceed.

Do you also want to take the fetchfactory ownership :)?
     http://egit.eclipse.org/w/?p=egit-pde.git;a=tree

--
Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk