Re: [egit-dev] Can one get the install file itself?

Eclipse update sites are just web sites in a standard format so if you work out how these work you can just save the files manually – eclipse can be configured to install updates from local directories or zips – this isn’t really an egit specific question.

The other option may be to setup an eclipse instance exactly how you want it. Copy the entire eclipse directory onto cd/dvd and then copy it off onto each computer that you want to use it on.

Thomas

From: egit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:egit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Danielsen Curt-CCD017
Sent: 24 June 2011 14:15
To: egit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [egit-dev] Can one get the install file itself?

Hello,

     So far, a posting on bugzilla with the user community yielded no response. My question is:

Are the install and update files available separately for download?

The reason I need this is I have an isolated network. I need to put the files  cd or dvd, with install instructions, so I can install this software on our isolated (non-internet connected) system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you & have a great week!

Curt Danielsen

System Administrator (Clearcase/NetApp/Solaris/RedHat/Windows)

1301 E Algonquin Road

Schaumburg IL  60196

Phone: 847-576-6819

This message is confidential and intended only for the addressee. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the postmaster@xxxxxxx and delete it from your system as well as any copies. The content of e-mails as well as traffic data may be monitored by NDS for employment and security purposes. To protect the environment please do not print this e-mail unless necessary.

NDS Limited. Registered Office: One London Road, Staines, Middlesex, TW18 4EX, United Kingdom. A company registered in England and Wales. Registered no. 3080780. VAT no. GB 603 8808 40-00