Re: [egit-dev] retention policy for builds

What happens when 1.0.1 is released, will the updates-1.0 site still
have the 1.0.0 release?

For Mylyn we use composites for that purpose that aggregate releases
from an archive that retains all released versions forever (older
versions move to archive.eclipse.org eventually). The maintenance site
for the each stream serves all released versions of a stream. That
allows integrator to use strict version constraints while still
providing the convenience of a site that serves the latest release.

The other nice property of composites sites is that you can move
things to the archive without affecting integrators.

Steffen

--
Steffen Pingel
Committer, http://eclipse.org/mylyn