Re: [egit-dev] Team->commit on projects belonging to multiple repos

18 okt 2010 kl. 18:33 skrev Baumgart, Jens:

> In which use cases is this multi repo commit relevant?

There is no perfect split for what to put in different repos so I frequently (unfortunately) get
to fix things over two or three repos and this allows me to make sure I have the same comment.

> What happens in case of amend and how are how does this fit together with Change-Ids?
> We would like to simplify the code, remove Git Index and provide real staging.

I don't (yet) use change-id's so that bug did slipped past me.

I don't mind simplification, but if simplification was only for the EGit coder we'd do a command
line only. The code can probably be simplified without removing this feature. Can you explain
where exactly the problem is. For the most part there is code to abstract the trouble of spanning
multiple repos.

Even in the case of not actually allowing commits to the same repo, I think it is worth the effort
to see that you have made changed to multiple repos to make the developer aware of this. That feature
I do not want to lose. Come think of it, we should allow a sequence of commits without having to bring
up the commit dialog over and over.

-- robin

> So we thought things would be easier if we could remove the multi repo commit.
> -- Jens

Back to the top