Re: [egit-dev] Google Summer of Code 2010 project proposal for EGit/JGit projects

On 03/20/2010 08:57 AM, Ismael Juma wrote:
Hi Dariusz,

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 9:59 PM, Dariusz Luksza
<dariusz.luksza@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
The goal of this project would be to improve EGit
functionality by integrating it with "Team Synchronizing perspective"
with is one of the best features in Eclipse CVS integration.

I am just a user of EGit, but Synchronize View support is the feature
that would make the most difference for me when it comes to Eclipse
integration. Note that many people don't use the full Team
Synchronizing perspective, but just some of its elements (like the
Synchronize view), so it's important to support that use-case well in
my opinion.

Most of developers doesn't use full power (or maybe even 80-70%) Eclipse,
so theoretically it would be easy to fulfill they requirements.

Right now I'm use "Team Synchronization perspective" only to commit and
retrieve changes from CVS, rarely I use it for resolving conflicts and
"blaming". During GSoC (if we can get a slot) I'll try to integrate
witch TSP (Team Synchronization perspective) so that regular CVS user
doesn't see a difference between CVS and Git.

--
Best regards

GSM: +48 695 192 160
Blog: http://luksza.org