Re: [egit-dev] Google Summer of Code 2010 project proposal for EGit/JGit projects

Hi Dariusz,

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 9:59 PM, Dariusz Luksza
<dariusz.luksza@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The goal of this project would be to improve EGit
> functionality by integrating it with "Team Synchronizing perspective"
> with is one of the best features in Eclipse CVS integration.

I am just a user of EGit, but Synchronize View support is the feature
that would make the most difference for me when it comes to Eclipse
integration. Note that many people don't use the full Team
Synchronizing perspective, but just some of its elements (like the
Synchronize view), so it's important to support that use-case well in
my opinion.

Currently, I use a combination of the command-line and git-cola[1] and
I'm quite happy with that. I believe that a good implementation of the
Synchronize View would remove the need for git-cola for the common
case.

Best,
Ismael

[1] http://cola.tuxfamily.org/