Re: [egit-dev] How to test eclipse 3.4 compatibility?

fredagen den 19 mars 2010 22.14.56 skrev du:
> On 19 Mar 2010, at 15:59, Robin Rosenberg wrote:
> > fredagen den 19 mars 2010 16.21.02 skrev  Mykola Nikishov:
> >> My PoV: EGit/JGit 0.7.0 should be targeted to Galileo.

> > 0.1.137 works fine for what I know.
>
> I think we should be fine to build and test against 0.1.41, but have the
>  manifest base itself on 0.1. That way, it should be capable of running
>  without changes on 3.4 as well as 3.5. If there are bugs discovered and
>  raised against the 3.4 platform, we can always do regression testing
>  against a local developer copy if needed. The alternative would be for the
>  3.4 user to upgrade to the 0.1.41 to see if that fixes the problem. I
>  really don't think we need to build against the oldest version,
>  particularly since most of the tests probably mock the stuff out that is
>  used for communication in any case. I really can't see any of our tests
>  failing because of these bugs, with the possible exception of some of the
>  new aes256 ciphers - but that's a server-side issue too.

As I understand it, if we require 0.1.37 then 0.1.41 will do if that is the
one available and 0.1.99 too, but not 0.1.36.

If we say 0.1 then 0.1.36 will be accepted, but noone has tested that, and
i think 0.1.29 was tested and didn'αΊ— work. So I think 0.1.37 makes a good
minimum requirement, while 0.1 is too loose.

-- robin

Back to the top