Re: [egit-dev] Added commands for keybinding

söndagen den 14 mars 2010 10.11.23 skrev  denstar:
> Hi!
>
> I'm crazy about key bindings, and not having them for EGit was driving
> me loco, so I took a go at adding them.

I like keybindings too, but never had the time to decide on what keys
to use. There is the issue of finding an unused and preferrable easy to
remember set of bindings.

> Should I just send a patch for review or some-such?  I've created a
> github repo at:

Our preferred way is that you submbit a well-defined set of patches to
gerrit.  See http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/Contributor_Guide.

> http://github.com/denuno/egit
>
> In case that's easiest.

Your branch at Github is full of build artifacts and the commit messages don't
describe what you are doing. Take a look at the EGit history to get some
examples.

Some general hints:
If you want to re-format, keeps that as a separate commit as we in general
do not accept reformatting changes mixed with other changes.
Each commit should result in a next working version of EGit and add
javadoc comment to new public and protected methods. Javadoc
comments are not needed for methods that have javadoc in the superclass
or interface.

> I'm super new to Git in general.  As in weeks of experience.  And 95%
> of what I've done with Git, I've done through EGit. :)

That's nice to hear. We need contributors that use it heavily, since that
leads to easy-of-use patches.

> I'm not even sure how to create a patch yet, honestly.  I'll RTFM that
> bridge when I cross it.

You need to do a bit of history rewriting to get your commits in shape. Using
git gui to commit partial changes is also a useful tool to rewrite

> I won't be offended at all if the code is not up to par for inclusion.
>  The changes are minimal-ish and I can just keep rocking the fork for
> a while.
>
> If you guys are insane enough to consider using what I've come up
> with, that's fine by me, and I can try to add any missing comments or
> needed edits or whatever.
>
> Just wanted to toss it out there in case it's helpful at all or
> whatnot.  Maybe someone was already working towards this stuff and
> it'll give ideas or something.

Back to the top