Re: [egit-dev] Google Summer of Code (GSOC) Participation

On 03/09/2010 10:59 AM, Lay, Stefan wrote:
Hi,

  >>  * add tagging support
  >>  * add merging support
  >>  * add stash support
  >>  * add branch/tags comparing support

I like this list. However, as Chris wrote, the merge is already in work.
We will also soon propose a patch to trigger merge from the UI.

Tagging and stashing would be very useful.

To be honest I would prefer work for both projects (JGit and EGit)
providing complete support for tagging and/or stashing (from low-level git
integration to high-level user UI support).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I understood JGit lacks of
tagging/stashing support. Also I can't find support for both features in
EGit UI. So both features feats my previous requirements ;)

Right now I'm not sure isn't it to ambitious, so I would prefer read
some documentation (if it exists ;)) about how that two git actions actually
works and look into git sources (if its necessary ;)). Maybe you can gave me
some hints where to start, what to read etc. ?

--
Best regards

GSM: +48 695 192 160
Blog: http://luksza.org