[egit-dev] RE: [jgit-dev] egit.eclipse.org now running smart HTTP

Hi,

I tried out whether we can now push over http. I want to be able to push
to egit/jgit even through our companies proxies/firewalls.

In the first shot I tried to clone a repo using latest build of the egit plugin. I went to File->Import->Git Repository and entered as URI the one from gitweb (http://egit.eclipse.org/egit.git). If I don't enter user/password I can clone. If I enter user and password from gerrit->Settings->Identities I cannot clone. I get an
Error message saying:

"Cannot list the available branches. Reason: http://christian.halstrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/egit.git git-upload-pack not permitted"

Any ideas?

Ciao