Re: [egit-dev] Calling Tycho / Maven Ninjas

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Matthias Sohn
<matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dependency resolution between EGit and JGit build via local Maven repository
> (all 3 builds must share the same Maven repository) :
> http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,227

I choose the first one, tested locally and pushed it.

It gives us our first green build for EGit which is nice. Green balls are good.
    https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/job/egit/19/

The only problem I left to see is the need to have two sites for
installation. This is easily solved in p2 with composite repositories
but I don't think we have that option. I think we should just bundle
JGit with EGit when producing the update site (p2 repo). Anyone
against this (I believe Matthias had this intention earlier)? EGit has
to be dead easy to install.

I'm also bothered with the org.eclipse.jgit bundle being generated
with out a replaced .qualifier

Also, anyone against these URLs for updates?

p2 repo - http://www.eclipse.org/jgit/updates
mvn repo - http://www.eclipse.org/jgit/updates/mvn

p2 repo - http://www.eclipse.org/egit/updates

Cheers,

--
Chris Aniszczyk | EclipseSource Austin | +1 860 839 2465
http://twitter.com/eclipsesource | http://twitter.com/caniszczyk

Back to the top