Re: [egit-dev] Calling Tycho / Maven Ninjas

2010/1/21 Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
2010/1/21 Igor Fedorenko <ifedorenko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I think there are couple of problems.

First, <dependencies/> element in org.eclipse.egit.core and other module
pom.xml files tells Tycho to resolve jgit artifacts from *Maven*
repositories, but these artifacts are not available from any configured
repository. As a side note, Tycho 0.6.0 attempts to resolve Maven
artifacts from galileo and jgit p2 repositories. This is a bug and it is
fixed in Tycho 0.7.0-SNAPSHOT already.

Second, jgit p2 repository does not contain org.eclipse.jgit.junit
required by org.eclipse.egit.core.test.

I see two possible ways to fix this.

Either remove <dependencies/> element from all pom.xml files and provide
org.eclipse.jgit.junit via a p2 repo. Or, setup Maven repository (could
be a directory on local filesystem) and use it to share artifacts
between jgit and egit builds.

If you want, I can provide more details or patches for either of these
approaches.

AAH, ok, now I see, seems I messed up between p2 and maven dependency resolution.
I guess the local build works by resolving the jgit artifacts via the local Maven repository.
Do JGit and EGit builds share the same local Maven repository on Hudson ?

I have a slight preference to share the artifacts via a Maven repository since this seems
to need less configuration. Do we have a public Maven repository at Eclipse ?

I implemented both possibilities :

Dependency resolution between EGit and JGit build via local Maven repository
(all 3 builds must share the same Maven repository) : http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,227

Dependency resolution between EGit and JGit build via JGit P2 update site:
JGit: http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,229
EGit: http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,230

Please review and comment which solution you prefer. In my environment both solutions work.

--
Matthias

Back to the top