Re: [egit-dev] How to build [EJ]Git?

torsdagen den 7 januari 2010 20.34.21 skrev  Jason van Zyl:
> Sorry the dyslexia pops out words when I respond to quickly:
>
> That said it goes for here as well. If Shawn, Robin or the other committers
>  don't want to go the Maven route, unwind it and not we won't interfere.
>  I'm not going to force our preference of technology on anyone.

I think having maven support is great. I just don't want to trade eclipse
support for it. I want developing using Eclipse to be as simple and sweet
as it was. I could perhaps even accept having to use m2eclipse if there
are no known drawbacks there. Whether I declare dependencies via pom.xml
or manifest is irrelevant.

Here is the requirement

One-stop import of jgit
One-stop import of egit
Sub-second incremental builds and hotswap  debugging working while
working on jgit and egit at the same time.
Gui for configuring the projects
Simple batch build.

As I understand it,  this should be possible.

-- robin

Back to the top