Re: [egit-dev] Gerrit problem ?

2010/1/4 Shawn O. Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I also believe that I face "Bad Request" responses more often than some
> > > weeks ago.
> >
> > Could this be just because I've upgraded the server 3 times now in
> > the past two weeks?  Anytime I do an upgrade the whole thing gets
> > taken down for about 15 minutes.
> >

> No, I don't think this was the reason since a simple retry by immediately
> hitting
> the same button again usually led to the expected result.
*sigh*

I'm always the first person to lay the blame at my own feet for
something not working right.  My usual assumption is, if its
broken, its my code that's busted, because I'm just not that good
of a developer.

But I have probably over 100 servers running Gerrit in the real
world, with well over 2000 engineers using it on a daily basis
to implement review policies in their respective organizations.
Many of these folks are rather vocal when they have a problem.

The only place I hear about "Bad Request" errors is on
egit.eclipse.org.

*sigh*

Something is unique to this environment.  Either the Apache
mod_http_proxy I'm running in front on egit.eclipse.org is
unstable, or the MySQL database connection is unstable.  Or
its the foundation's network infrastructure.

I'll try to look into it in the future

no problem, I am happy to retry as long as I can use such a nice
review system :)

Right now I have to put priority on finishing the JGit smart-http
series and integrating that into Gerrit Code Review.  I know the
SAP folks would enjoy being able to connect over HTTP rather than
some bastard SSH tunnel.  $DAY_JOB also wants smart-http for similar
tunnel related reasons.

yes, this would help us quite a bit and is surely more important than
chasing strange instabilities

--
Matthias

Back to the top