Re: [egit-dev] Declaration for the Mylyn Reviews project

Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> New Eclipse project proposal targeting integration of code review with
> mylyn,
> they also mention EGit integration:
> http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/mylyn-reviews/

Interesting.

I saw their demo at EclipseCon 2009.  What annoyed me was, at the
time, the tool relied on SVN commits and thus was a post-commit
review tool, rather than a pre-commit tool like Gerrit is.  But,
its pretty nice that they store the data in the VCS itself and not
in a side-database like Gerrit does.

I'd like to move Gerrit to also store its data in the VCS.  So I
really should look to see if I can make it compatible with the
ReviewClipse file format.  But, they use XML, and I tend to think
XML is never a solution to a problem...

--
Shawn.

Back to the top